First 500 who donate to IAVA will receive exclusive branded merchandise
MINNEAPOLIS — May 12, 2016 — Victory Motorcycles® invites everyone to take “The Road Home Challenge” and make a contribution to Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), an organization committed to providing support and resources to the newest generation of U.S. military veterans. The goal of The Road Home Challenge is to raise $100,000 for IAVA by the end of May, and the first 500 donors will receive exclusive merchandise co-branded with the logos of Victory Motorcycles and IAVA.
Individuals who want to contribute to IAVA during The Road Home Challenge can do so at www.classy.org/VictoryIAVA2016RoadHomeChallenge.
This fundraising effort is one of the ways Victory Motorcycles and Victory riders and dealers are saluting military veterans and those currently serving.
Participating Victory Motorcycles dealerships across the country will salute veterans with military appreciation events on Armed Forces Day, May 21. Visit theEvents page on the Victory website for the list of participating dealers. Victory riders and dealers are also taking part in the Rolling Thunder ride in Washington, D.C., on May 29, the day before Memorial Day.
Special Memorial Day Weekend Events
Victory Motorcycles invites riders to gather on Memorial Day weekend for special activities in the Washington, D.C., area, including:
- On Saturday, May 28, riders can join Victory and IAVA on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., to meet Victory rider, film star, and retired U.S. Marine R. Lee Ermey – “The Gunny” – for a meet and greet at the IAVA display. The Gunny will sign autographs and pose for photos. (Appearance time to be determined.)
- Also on May 28, four D.C.-area and one Pennsylvania Victory dealers will host Victory-IAVA Pit Stops for local riders and those arriving for the next day’s Rolling Thunder ride. (Dealers are listed below.)
- On Sunday, May 29, riders are invited to meet at the Silver Diner in Waldorf, Maryland, for “Breakfast With The Gunny.” Riders can grab breakfast on their own from 6:30-8 a.m., and at 8:15 a.m., it’s kickstands up for the group ride to the Pentagon for Rolling Thunder, with The Gunny out in front.
Victory-IAVA Pit Stops will be held Saturday, May 28, at:
– Chesapeake Cycles (104 Defense Hwy., Annapolis, MD;www.chesapeakecycles.com)
– Coleman Powersports in Falls Church, Virginia (435 S. Washington St.,www.wherethepoweris.com)
– Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge, Virginia (14105 Telegraph Road,www.wherethepoweris.com)
– Victory of Southern Maryland (4630 Crain Hwy., White Plains, MD,www.thekustomshoppe.com)
– Freedom Powersports (10091 Lincoln Highway, Everett, PA 15537,http://ridefps.com)
As a strategic partner of IAVA, Victory has provided financial support and resources to help IAVA raise awareness of veterans’ issues and the resources that IAVA provides. Scott Wine, Chairman and CEO of Victory’s parent company, Polaris, received the 2015 IAVA Civilian Leadership Award. And the Victory"Hero’s Metal" program provides military personnel and veterans, as well as police and fire personnel, with $1,000 off the price of a new Victory motorcycle ($500 off a new Octane).
ABOUT IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN VETERANS OF AMERICA
Founded in 2004 by an Iraq veteran, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) is the first and largest organization for the more than 2.8 million veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan and their families. As the group’s website notes: “IAVA strives to build an empowered generation of veterans who provide sustainable leadership for our country and their local communities.” For details about IAVA programs and how you can support IAVA or get involved, visit www.iava.org.
ABOUT VICTORY MOTORCYCLES®
Victory Motorcycles designs, engineers, manufactures and markets a full line of cruisers, baggers and touring motorcycles. Every Victory model delivers industry-leading performance, comfort, style, storage and reliability. The first Victory was produced on the Fourth of July, 1998, in Spirit Lake, Iowa, where every Victory motorcycle continues to be produced today. Information about Victory motorcycles, apparel and accessories is available at www.victorymotorcycles.com and on Facebook atfacebook.com/VictoryMotorcycles
ABOUT POLARIS® INDUSTRIES
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader with annual 2015 sales of $4.7 billion. Polaris fuels the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts with our RANGER®, RZR® and POLARIS GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; our SPORTSMAN® and POLARIS ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; VICTORY® and INDIAN MOTORCYCLE® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; SLINGSHOT® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, SWITCHBACK® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories sold under multiple recognizable brands, and has a growing presence in adjacent markets globally with products including military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. www.polaris.com